Amazon recently revealed its first custom electric delivery vehicle, designed and inbuilt in partnership with Rivian.
In support of The Climate Pledge commitment to be net zero carbon by 2040, 10,000 Amazon custom electric delivery vehicles are going to be on the road delivering to customers worldwide as early as 2022 and all 100,000 by 2030. This is often one among the three different models that Amazon has invested in and completely customized with Rivian to reinforce the driving force experience and optimize safety.
Ross Rachey, Director of Amazon’s Global Fleet and Products, mentioned in an Amazon blog post that once they began to make their first customized electric delivery vehicle with Rivian, they knew that it needed to far surpass the other delivery vehicle. They wanted drivers to like using it and customers to feel excited once they saw it driving through their neighborhood and pulling up to their home. He added that they combined Rivian’s technology with their delivery logistics knowledge and make the results what’s called the here-the way forward for walk delivery.
Amazon’s custom electric vehicle is full of industry leading safety, navigation and style features, including:
- State-of-the-art sensor detection, a set of highway and traffic assist technology, and an outsized windshield to reinforce driver visibility.
- Exterior cameras round the vehicle that are linked to an alphanumeric display inside the cabin, giving the driving force a 360-degree view outside the vehicle.
- Alexa integration for hands-free access to route information and therefore the latest weather updates.
- A strengthened door on the driver’s side for extra protection.
- A “dancefloor” inside the driver’s cabin for straightforward movement inside the van.
- Bright taillights surrounding the rear of the vehicle to simply detect braking.
- Three levels of shelving with a bulkhead door, which may easily be opened and closed for extra driver protection while on the road.